Monday, July 2, 2012

School Year Calendar Freebies

When I was teaching, I could never find just the right calendar to use with my students, so I had to make my own. I wanted 8 1/2 x 11 portrait-style pages that would fit in a 3-ring binder, and I liked large blocks for writing in the dates and events.

After I began using these calendar pages with my students, I also realized that they make great planning tools for creating a thematic unit or planning with others. Lately I've started making landscape-style pages, too.

You can download this freebie from my Teaching Resources website. The version that's available to the public is the PDF file shown here with the blue cover that you can print and write on, but you can't type directly on the pages.

Newsletter subscribers can also download the PDF Forms Version shown to the left in either landscape or portrait format. Those calendars have form fields on each date where you can type information before printing it for your students. Just sign up for Candler's Classroom Connections and follow the links in the welcome message to the Newsletter Freebies page. If you are already a subscriber, go back to your inbox and find an old newsletter with a link to that page. I'll be sending another newsletter on July 7th and I'll be sure to let include a link to download these two exclusive free calendars.

What are some ways to use this calendar? Here are a few ideas:
  • Instructional Planning 
  • Personal Meeting Planner 
  • Literature Circle Schedules
  • Attendance Graphing
  • Project Planning and Organization
  • Homework Planner 
  • Classroom Event Calendar
I hope that one of these calendar formats will be just right for you! Visit Teaching Resources for more free materials to help you get organized for the coming year! How might you use these calendar pages?




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the calendar freebies! What a great time saver you are! =)
    http://cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Loving them. I am going to use them to organize myself with blogging. Thanks Laura!
    Adrianne
    http://the-tutor-house.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...